Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Dinner

We made a bean-potato loaf that was adapted from Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. Our own dried Jacob's Cattle beans, cooked for an hour, along with grated sweet potato, chopped onion, some chili powder, salt, pepper, mustard... I wish I had used more chili powder.



Shredding the potato is sort of fun...


Saute the onion and potato with the spices. Add the mashed beans and form into a loaf (or make burgers, which I think I will do next time). Bake for 45 minutes at 350F.


Winter squash on the left. On the right: rutabaga, carrot, sweet potato and radish - bake for 1 hr at 350 in a bit of olive oil and salt. Everything just starts to carmelize. It is wonderful.


Frozen brussel sprouts - - right out of the garden! Had to tidy them up a bit but they were excellent.


I forgot to make cranberry sauce. Otherwise quite a perfect meal. Squash pie for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment